Christiana Care Health System PGY-2 pharmacy residency in critical care equips residents to care for critically ill patients in a variety of sub-specialties as well as shape the future of our profession by serving as mentors and preceptors.
Some highlights the PGY-2 Critical Care curriculum include:
- Residents work alongside preceptors with advanced training in critical care.
- Experience working across a variety of practice areas, such as the Medical Intensive Care Unit, the Surgical Critical Care Complex, the Cardiovascular Critical Care Complex, Neuro Intensive Critical Care Complex and the Emergency Department.
- Residents precept Pharm.D., candidates, serve as a mentor and chief resident for the PGY-1 pharmacy residents, and participate in various committees.
- Our program is affiliated with the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, and Thomas Jefferson School of Pharmacy.
Schedule of Rotations PGY-2
Core Block Rotations (4 weeks each unless otherwise noted)
- Medical intensive Care Unit (8 weeks).
- Surgical/Trauma Critical Care Complex (8 weeks).
- Cardiovascular Critical Care Complex.
- Neuro Critical Care Complex
- Emergency Medicine (Christiana Hospital).
- Infectious Diseases – consult service or Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Nutrition Support (3-4 weeks).
Core Longitudinal Rotations
- Nutrition Support
- Practice Management
- Satellite Experience
Elective Block Rotations (4 weeks each)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit.
- Kidney Transplantation.
- Emergency Medicine (Wilmington Hospital).
In addition to these therapeutic areas, residents may choose to repeat a core rotation as an elective.