The ChristianaCare PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Program provides the resident with advanced training in ambulatory care providing a variety of opportunities with unique experiences. The program incorporates a multidisciplinary patient-centered experience giving the resident the necessary skills to become an independent, confident and an innovative ambulatory clinical pharmacist.
Some highlights of the PGY-2 Ambulatory Curriculum
- The program is tailored to the interests and career goals of the resident.
- Resident serves as a mentor and chief resident to the PGY-1 pharmacy residents and participates in various committees.
- Teaching opportunities include:
- Academic monthly lectures to medical residents.
- One pharmacy grand round continuing education presentation to pharmacy staff.
- Inservice presentations to healthcare providers and staff.
- Precepting pharmacy students and PGY-1 residents.
Schedule of Rotations PGY-2 Ambulatory Care
Required Block Learning Experiences
All required block rotation experiences are 6 weeks in length unless otherwise indicated.
- Orientation-3 weeks (length of rotation is adjusted based on resident’s entering experience).
- Adult Medicine.
- HIV Community Program.
- Kidney Transplant.
- Specialty Pharmacy.
Required Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Ambulatory Pharmacy Staffing (48 weeks).
- Practice Management (24 weeks).
- Primary Care (24 weeks).
- Research (48 weeks).
- Teaching/Presentation (48 weeks)
Elective Learning Experiences
All elective learning experiences are 6 week-blocks in length. Resident selects three learning experiences based on their interest and preceptor availability.
- Ambulatory antimicrobial stewardship.
- Complex Care Management.
- Outpatient Oncology.
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Repeat a required block learning experience.