The Christiana Care PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Program provides the resident with advanced training in ambulatory care providing a variety of opportunities with unique experiences. The program incorporates a multidisciplinary patient-centered experience giving the resident the necessary skills to become an independent, confident and an innovative ambulatory clinical pharmacist.
Some highlights of the PGY-2 Ambulatory Curriculum
- Program provides advanced training in Primary Care, HIV, Kidney Transplant, Home-based Primary Care, Rural Health Care, Population Health, Outpatient Oncology and Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Resident is involved in teaching opportunities with PGY-1 residents, pharmacists, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Resident serves as a mentor and chief resident with precepting opportunities with PGY-1 residents.
Schedule of Rotations PGY-2 Ambulatory Care
Core Block Rotations (7 weeks)
- Primary Care (Adult Medicine).
- HIV Clinic.
- Kidney Transplant.
- Population Health.
- Anticoagulation Clinic.
Core Longitudinal Rotation
- Home-Based Primary Care.
- Rural Health Care.
- Practice Management.
Elective Block Rotations (4 weeks)
- HIV Internal Medicine.
- Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Outpatient Oncology.
- Repeat Core Rotation.