The ChristianaCare PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Program provides the resident with advanced training in ambulatory care providing a variety of opportunities with unique experiences. The program incorporates a multidisciplinary patient-centered experience giving the resident the necessary skills to become an independent, confident and an innovative ambulatory clinical pharmacist.
Some highlights of the PGY-2 Ambulatory Curriculum
- The program is tailored to the interests and career goals of the resident.
- Resident serves as a mentor and chief resident to the PGY-1 pharmacy residents and participates in various committees.
- Teaching opportunities include:
- Academic monthly lectures to medical residents.
- One pharmacy grand round continuing education presentation to pharmacy staff.
- Inservice presentations to healthcare providers and staff.
- Precepting pharmacy students and PGY-1 residents.
Schedule of Rotations PGY-2 Ambulatory Care
Core Block Rotations
- Adult Medicine (Primary Care).
- Anticoagulation Clinic.
- HIV Community Program.
- Kidney Transplant.
- Population Health.
Core Longitudinal Rotations
- Home-Based Primary Care.
- Practice Management.
- Primary Care.
- Ambulatory Pharmacy Staffing.
Elective Block Rotations
- HIV Internal Medicine.
- Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Outpatient Oncology.
- Repeat Core Rotation.