Thank you for your interest in our residency program. We are delighted you have chosen to visit with us.
Christiana Care Health System is one of America’s largest non-sectarian health care systems, where residents are a priority and customized programs are offered by the Department of Medicine.
At Christiana Care we embrace our role as a leader in meeting the needs of our neighbors, engaging patients and their families as partners in health and wellness; being innovative in the implementation of new technologies, practices and therapies; and, as we do all of these things, creating greater value for those we serve.
Our mission is to help you become an outstanding internist by offering excellent clinical training with the right mix of teaching, supervision and autonomy. We are proud to provide our residents with the best educational and clinical experiences in a challenging and supportive environment. We hope you enjoy your visit with us and we invite you to learn more about our program with the links provided below.
Helpful Information for your interview day:
Directions to Christiana Care Health System
Map of the Christiana campus
Important Parking Instructions
On interview day you will meet with one or more of our program directors or program staff. Meet your interviewers:
- John Donnelly, M.D., FACP, FAAP Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency; Inpatient Medicine and Pediatrics Faculty; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Gretchen Rickards, M.D., MPH Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
- Heather E. Ragozine-Bush, M.D. Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Kevin K. Patel, M.D. Assistant Chief of Service
- Ajeetpal S. Hans, M.D., FACP Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- J. Daniel Hess, M.D. Director of Simulation Education, Internal Medicine Residency Program; Director of Resident Research, Department of Medicine
- Jennifer Goldstein, M.D., MSc Assistant Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Director of Resident Research for the Department of Medicine
Learn more about our innovative curriculum in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Christiana Care Health System
Get to know Delaware – a great place to learn and a great place to live.
Sample CCHS Residency Contract
Sample Orientation Calendar
Additional information for Categorical and Combined applicants:
Our “4+2” ambulatory block curriculum places your longitudinal outpatient experience in block rotations, so that you will not have the disruption of going to clinic on inpatient rotations. During your training, you’ll learn to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, take advantage of our new state-of-the art simulation center, and learn the skills of quality improvement in a nationally award winning 12-week course offered only at our institution. Learn more about our unique curriculum and team building retreats.