The 1-year fellowship in medical education is designed for an EM residency graduate interested in becoming an exceptional medical educator and who has interest in residency leadership, simulation design/leadership, or curricular innovation. Fellows engage in an in-depth exploration of their future interests and the fellowship program is tailored to those interests. Fellowship graduates will be well prepared for a career in academic emergency medicine with skills in medical education, clinical work, research and residency program administration.
- Curriculum development.
- Learning and experimenting with effective lecturing techniques.
- Learning the art of small group facilitation.
- Methods for evaluating learners that incorporates milestones.
- Excellence in simulation education.
- Resident remediation strategies.
- Learning methods of feedback delivery.
- Elements of faculty development.
The Emergency Medical Education Fellowship is an opportunity to network at national conferences and gain skills to be a successful academician through participation in the ACEP Teaching Fellowship and in the MERC at CORD research program.
Fellows serve on the Christiana Care medical education “content expert” research group and will mentor academic research with the goal of peer review publication.
Fellows play an integral role in the Christiana Care categorical and combined residencies which includes being involved in the following:
- Residency application review.
- Residency interviews.
- Oversight of chief residents – in particular the “Education” chief resident.
Fellows will learn important skills of residency leadership and management.
Fellows Will work 800 clinical hours annually for the private group Doctors for Emergency Services which holds contracts at:
- Christiana Hospital (Newark, DE) – a Level 1 trauma center, tertiary referral center, with pediatrics.
- Wilmington Hospital (Wilmington, DE).
- Middletown Free-Standing Emergency Department (Middletown, DE).
For more information, call Jenna Fredette, M.D. at 302-733-3904.