Christiana Care has been a top-rated academic medical center for more than a century. Our residents and fellows experience a rigorous and rewarding combination of academic training and hands-on training, in a facility that performs more than 380,000 radiology procedures every year.
Our curriculum builds a solid foundation of knowledge and experiences that creates doctors who are innovative leaders in their field.
The Department of Radiology offers five appointments each year to the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program and one appointment to its DIRECT Pathway VIR Residency Program, for a total of 24 radiology residents.
Some highlights of the program:
- Excellent faculty/resident ratio in a department that includes 34 full-time and five part-time radiologists.
- Five-year Diagnostic Radiology Residency includes an initial transitional clinical year, followed by four years of diagnostic radiology, all within the same program.
- Residents have option to enter radiology training at the PGY-2 level.
- Clinical year that includes basic medical and surgical rotations, two months in radiology and a curriculum tailored to residents’ individual interests.
- Pediatric radiology experience with the fellowship-trained staff of the A.I. du Pont Hospital for Children, plus dedicated in-house pediatric radiology.
- All residents attend the four-week Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP) course in Washington, D.C.
- Rotations at the nearby Alfred I. du Pont Hospital for Children provides unique supplemental training.
- Faculty that is active in clinical research, both within the department and with other disciplines.
- Three full-time, board-certified physicians train radiology residents in the art of nuclear interpretation and therapy.